Hutchinson Public Schools continue a program that provides summertime meals to children and youth in 2017 at seven locations, including four community brown-bag locations.
The meals are free for any child or teen, ages 1 to 18. No reservations are required for the meals and no identification is needed. There will be no meals served on Independence Day, July 4.
May 30 to July 28
- HMS-7: 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Ave A Splash Park: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.(Sack Lunch)
- Fairgrounds Splash Park: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (Sack Lunch)
June 5 to July 28
- Faris Elementary: 11 a.m. to noon
- Hutchinson Library: 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Sack Lunch)
- Boys & Girls Club (Shadduck Park): 11 a.m. to noon
June 12 to July 28
- Carey Park, Gazebo near Salt City Splash: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Sack Lunch)
- Hot lunch served at HMS 7, Faris, Boys & Girls Club
- Sack Lunch served at park sites is PB&J, String Cheese, Apple Slices, Carrots, Milk.
- Sack Lunch at Library on Monday–Wednesday–Friday is PB&J, String Cheese, Apple Slices, Carrots, Milk and on Tuesday–Thursday is Deli Sandwich, Goldfish, Apple Slices, Carrots, Milk
While meals for youth 18 and under are free, adult lunches cost $3.50.
The hot meals are similar to those provided during the school year, providing an entrée as well as plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables
The program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.