It was a bad day for local firefighters when another house fire was reported in Hutchinson just blocks away from the first. This home located at 122 East 12th.
Hutchinson Fire Chief Kim Forbes says there were two occupants in the home when it started . They managed to get out safely and tell fire officials that they noticed the fire in the porch area.
The wind again was a factor says Forbes, and believes it was an exterior fire that moved into the home.
He says the neighbors homes on each side had a little bit of heat damage, but they were able to block the fire on each side from spreading worse. He says because of the type of construction of the home, the fire was able to quickly spread to the interior walls and up into the attic area.
They did enter the home to do interior fire tactics, but the roof began to collapse so they quickly exited the structure.
There was some questions of whether the embers from the earlier fire may have blown to this home. Forbes says he doubts that was the case because the other fire had already been out. He says they planned to talk with the residents to see if they had been doing something that might have sparked it, or of any of the neighbors saw anything.
He says they believe the wind could have caused some shrubbery to catch on fire.
They were keeping fire crews at the 12th street home through the night just in case.
Fire crews also reported numerous grass fires in the county due to the strong winds. The good news is, the winds should calm down some, and there is rain in the forecast.
No damage estimates were available, but the home was a total loss and has already been demolished.
You can watch the video of the efforts to fight the fire on this home as well.