MANHATTAN, Kan. – Continually striving to provide K-State fans with the Best Fan Experience in the Big 12, K-State Athletics announced today a comprehensive list of new improvements for fans attending football games this season at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
“We have one of the best game atmospheres in all of college football thanks to our tremendous fan base,” Director of Athletics Gene Taylor said. “As part of our commitment to them, we will continue to explore various improvements throughout the stadium that will make their experience at our games even better. Our fans do an outstanding job informing us of their concerns through surveys and emails, and we take that input very seriously when considering making improvements and enhancements that will serve as a benefit for the
Among the improvements are discounts on select concession items for season ticket holders, the addition of margaritas to the menu selection available in the beer garden on the Goss Family South Tailgate Terrace, designated rideshare locations on each side of the stadium and several new in-game production elements, including the conference-wide implementation of a sideline timeout countdown clock.
The comprehensive list of improvements for the 2019 season includes:
- Concession discount cards for season ticket holders to receive $1 off hot dogs, popcorn and bottled water at the main concession stands
- Spacious new structure for the east side K-State Super Store location
- Rideshare pickup/dropoff locations in the East and West parking lots
- Expanded beverage menu, including margaritas in the beer garden on the Goss Family South Tailgate Terrace
- Updated programming of metal detectors allowing fans to pass through without removing items in their pockets, including cell phones, keys, etc.
- Additional pedestal scanners placed at various stadium gates for expedited entry
- Willie’s Fun Zone kids experience inside the stadium near Gate M
- Sideline countdown clock displaying length of time remaining until game action resumes
- Additional Chick-fil-a location on the west side (near Section 4)
- Additional Kona Ice location on south concourse
- New in-game product elements, including music, videos, team entrance and more
- New music app allowing fans the opportunity to vote on pregame music
- Budget-friendly season ticket package offered at just $150 in the View Level
You can view a video update from AD Taylor regarding these improvements by clicking here.
Next Saturday, August 24, K-State football fans will have the chance to interact with and get autographs from their favorite Wildcats and the new coaching staff as the program will hold a “Meet the Cats” autograph session from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., on the concourse of Bill Snyder Family Stadium. The West Stadium Center box office and the K-State Super Store will be open for the event.
New head coach Chris Klieman and the Wildcats begin the 2019 season and seven-game home slate on Saturday, August 31, against Nicholls, a game that kicks off at 6 p.m., and serves as the 11th-annual K-State Family Reunion. Tickets for all seven games are still available by visiting www.kstatesports.com/tickets, calling 1-800-221-CATS or visiting the main ticket office inside Bramlage Coliseum.