HUTCHINSON, Kan. — At approximately 3 a.m. Wednesday, the Hutchinson Fire Department responded to 1620 E. 8th for the report of a structure fire.
First-arriving units found a fire on the porch at the rear of the structure against a patio door. The fire was quickly extinguished with little damage to the exterior of the house. The fire did not extend into the interior of the house, but crews had to clear smoke out of the house using portable fans.
The house was occupied at the time of the fire, but there were no injuries reported.
The fire was determined to be caused by an electrical short.