HUTCHINSON, Kan. — Around 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Hutchinson firefighters responded to a working structure fire at 602 E. 15th.
Arriving units reported light smoke from the residence. Fire attack crews found a working fire in the kitchen of the home and were able to confine the damage to the kitchen. Smoke was located throughout the rest of the house. Crews utilized fans to clear the remaining structure.
Four occupants were home at the time of the fire. All occupants and three pets were able to escape uninjured. Red Cross assisted the family.
Hutchinson fire investigators determined the fire was a result of cooking.