HUTCHINSON, Kan. — A 29-year-old man made a first appearance Friday morning on charges of aggravated battery for a case that was dismissed earlier.
Rodolpho Baldemiro Saquic-Vasquez is accused of choking his girlfriend in an on going dispute. The two apparently began arguing and he is then alleged to have battered her and then using both hands choked her. She did manage to get away and made contact with law enforcement. This allegedly occurring in May of last year.
He had been bound over for trial in the case, but the defense filed some motion over hearsay evidence by an interpreter. District Attorney Keith Schroeder said in court Friday that although Judge Tim Chambers found their was evidence of the battery, he dismissed the case over the hearsay evidence. The state has now refiled the case.
He was once again told of the potential charge through an interpreter and bond was left the same. His case will now move to a waiver-status hearing on July 27.