Posted 10 months ago
By Rod Zook
One person was seriously injured in Hutchinson Thursday night while using fireworks.
Hutchinson Police confirm the injury occurred around 10:00 p-m, in the area of Random Road, near the Kansas State Fairgrounds, where the Hutchfest fireworks show was held, although was not a result of that fireworks show.
The injured man was flown by helicopter to Via Christi St. Francis Regional Medical Center in Wichita for treatment where he is now listed in good condition.
A police spokesman says a mortar went through the injured man’s leg. “Alcohol was involved,” the spokesman added.
Aerial fireworks were banned in the city this year but could be purchased in South Hutchinson and nearby counties.
The name of the victim has not been released.